Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11


My husband and I went to New York City two years ago. I'd been there once before in college, when the Twin Towers were just another set of skyscrapers in the Big Apple, before September 11 was a date of any significance.

We went to NYC at Christmastime, when the entire city is lavishly decorated, and while we spent the bulk of our time peering through department store windows like little children and enjoying the city lights at night, we went to Ground Zero before leaving. The memorials, and the sadness, are still there.

I don't have anything profound to say on this eighth anniversary of 9/11, but I wanted to share a photo I took of the void, empty space that represents a strange combination of hurt and hope. If you ever plan a trip to New York City, I could give you a list of recommendations - restaurants, shows, streets to walk down... and Ground Zero. I think it benefits us all to take just a moment to remember.

--Jennie

1 comment:

  1. Very profound... both the reminder and the photo. Thank you for honoring this momentous day.

    ReplyDelete