Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No one told me I'd need tissue.

We had the September photo cover shoot yesterday, and flanking the shoot I scheduled two of my four interviews - a seven year old actor with the Amarillo Little Theater and a 12 year old dancer with the Lone Star Ballet. During both interviews it was all I could do to keep my face dry. Neither child has had the easiest of lives but both are determined, passionate and mind-bogglingly strong. I'm toying with the idea of a first-person story angle, if only to fully capture and translate the emotion and story behind these kids. I have two interviews left, and now that I know better, I'll be stuffing my purse with tissue.

Feedback on the August issue continues to flow it, and we're so pleased to hear readers love AM. Michele and I brainstorm daily for ideas, coming up with content we think you want to read about and see. Getting a thumbs-up from you is the affirmation and fuel we need to keep going, so thank you - and don't stop.

Check back soon for behind-the-scenes photos from our shoot at the AMoA.
--Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment